Sarah Jessica Parker

« Older   Newer »

1. Ghittablue

User deleted

Sarah Jessica Parker on Vogue - May 2010

2. Ghittablue

User deleted

Treating herself to a retail therapy outing, Sarah Jessica Parker was spotted leaving her New York City pad on Wednesday (April 14).

The “Sex and the City” leading lady, appropriately carried a Manolo Blahnik bag while toting one of her twin daughters as they scurried past the paparazzi.

imageimage

3. Ghittablue

User deleted

4. Ghittablue

User deleted

Sarah Jessica Parker (Nelsonville, 25 marzo 1965) è un'attrice statunitense, che deve la sua popolarità soprattutto alla serie tv Sex and the City. Vincitrice di 4 Golden Globe e 2 Emmy.

5. Ghittablue

User deleted

Sex And The City 2 has not gotten the best review from critics. However Sarah Jessica Parker is hopeful for a 3rd movie installment of the once HBO series.

“I hope Carrie will live on,” Parker told UsMagazine.com at the sequel’s Tokyo, Japan premiere on Tuesday. “She will live on — even if the movies don’t.”

“I feel blessed that we’ve told so many stories about these lovely characters.”

6. Ghittablue

User deleted

7. Ghittablue

User deleted

erza di quattro fratelli, Sarah Jessica Parker nasce il 25 marzo 1965 a Nelsonville in Ohio. Inizia a recitare a soli otto anni; a Broadway interpreta The Innocents, la cui rappresentazione costringe la sua famiglia a traslocare nel New Jersey.

I genitori credono molto in lei e la iscrivono all'American Ballet School e alla Professional Children's School, ottime basi per poter affrontare, sempre a Broadway, il musical Annie. Parallelamente alla carriera d'attrice, Sarah porta avanti gli studi scolastici alla Dwight Morrow High School.

Il debutto in televisione è del 1982 con il film tv My Body, My Child; sempre nello stesso anno è fra le protagoniste del serial Zero in condotta (Square Pegs) nel ruolo di Patty Green.

Finite le scuole dell'obbligo, Sarah si butta a capofitto nella carriera d'attrice, interpretando piccoli ruoli al cinema - come in Footloose di Herbert Ross nel 1984 - e in televisione - Dadah is Dead e La pensione (The Room Upstairs) nel 1987. Sarà solo nel 1991 che riuscirà a farsi notare nella commedia brillante di Mick Jacson Pazzi a Beverly Hills (L.A.Story) accanto a Steve Martin.

Continuano a seguire, tuttavia, ruoli secondari in pellicole come Mi gioco la moglie a...Las Vegas (Honeymoon in Vegas) di Andrew Bergman, film nel quale Sarah recita la parte della moglie di Nicholas Cage; è una strega (insieme a Bette Midler) nel disneyano Hocus Pocus di Kenny Ortega; recita due volte per Tim Burton (nel 1994 è la moglie di Ed Wood nell'omonimo film; nel 1996 è una giornalista rapita dagli alieni in Mars attacks!), due per Hugh Wilson (Il club delle prime mogli (First Wives Club) e Dudley Do-Right, rispettivamente nel 1996 e nel 1999), una al fianco di Woody Allen ne I ragazzi irresistibili (The Sunshine Boys) di John Erman nel 1995.

Nonostante altri flop al cinema (Appuntamento col ponte (If Lucy Fell) di Eric Schaffer; Soluzioni estreme (Extreme Measures) di Michael Apted), a teatro Sarah riesce ad ottenere importanti soddisfazioni: vince il Tony Award per Once upon a time a Mastress e si dedica a spettacoli off-Broadway come Sylvia e How to Succed in Business Without Really Trying.

La svolta, però, arriva nel 1998 quando il network americano HBO le affida la parte di Carrie Bradshaw nel serial Sex and the City, ruolo che interpreterà per sei stagioni e che le farà vincere svariati premi.

All'apice della carriera, nel 2000, Sarah Jessica Parker viene chiamata da MTV per presentare l'MTV Movie Awards e interpreta la commedia Hollywood, Vermont (State and Main) di David Mamet.

Conclusasi la serie televisiva nel 2004, della quale nel frattempo era divenuta anche produttrice (ma essa avrà una trasposizone cinematografica nel 2008), firma un contratto con i magazzini Gap e continua a recitare al cinema con La neve nel cuore (The Family Stone) di Thomas Bezuca nel 2005; A casa con i suoi (Failure to Launch) e Strangers with Candy nel 2006).

Sarah è membro della Hollywood's Woman's Political Committee ed è ambasciatrice dell'Unicef. Il 19 maggio 1997 si è sposata con il collega Matthew Broderick conosciuto sul palco di How to Succed in Business Without Really Trying; La coppia ha un figlio, James Wilkie (nato nel 2002) e due gemelle, Marion Loretta Elwell e Tabitha Hodge, nate nel 2009.

8. Ghittablue

User deleted

Ha lanciato una collezione di abiti low cost. ‘La moda non deve essere un lusso’, dice Sarah, ‘e io con Bitten non volevo creare un’altra linea vanity’. Nella linea è difficile trovare capi ad un prezzo superiore ai 20 $.

9. Ghittablue

User deleted

* I've always been an actor. That's my job — I can be anything you want me to be.
    o Interview for Allure magazine, February 2008
    * For so long, I didn't play the object of attention or affection. It wasn't until L.A. Story that anyone cast me in a role that had my sexuality as a point of interest or focus or operation. I just wasn't examined in the same way that a 'pretty girl' would be.
    * I didn't think I was going to be a person who other people knew, whose name was recognizable.
    * Anything having to do with food is pleasurable for me. Any conversation about food, review of food, story of food, picture of food, thought of food...
    * Just because people don't have money doesn't mean they don't desire the same thing. They should have it, and it should be good.
    * I strangely feel better before I go through hair and makeup. Maybe that's just because I feel like me.
    * It never grows old, putting on a beautiful dress. For me, it's a great distraction. It's always ridiculous, and it always feels like it should be happening to somebody else.
    * My instinct was that it felt personal. It was really about 'We don't like her.' Who were the judges and critics? I would like to ask them, 'What exactly is it that you personally find not sexy about me? Is it my figure? Is it my brain that bothers you?'
    o On being named the Unsexiest Woman Alive by Maxim magazine
    * That's the beauty of this country — we can have different opinions and coexist and be amused by each other and hurt and offended.

10. Ghittablue

User deleted

elle

"First of all, I have a fear that they’re not going to like me,” Sarah Jessica Parker says. She is not talking about her critics or her costars or her fans, a good many of whom have already not-so-surreptitiously snapped her photo with their BlackBerrys while she eats eggs at a café in Manhattan’s West Village. In a silky green-and-purple ruffled Leifsdottir dress and superhigh, stacked-heel Ann Demeulemeester sandals, she is talking about her five-month-old fraternal twin daughters, Loretta and Tabitha, who famously arrived last June 22 via a surrogate.

The first name on Loretta’s birth certificate is actually Marion, but Parker’s seven-year-old son, James Wilkie, is the only one who calls her that. “He told me he really wanted Marion to be in the mix,” she says. When they were born, James chose baby A, the older of the two by 20 seconds, who looks the most like him, and said, “What about Marion?”

“We thought, Are we crazy?” Parker says. “Do we let our son name one of the girls? Is that the right thing to do? Is it important for him? And then he goes, ‘And I want it legal.’ ” She laughs. “Her nickname is Kitty. Tabitha’s is Babe. We’ve got lots of names.”

James Wilkie is not exactly brutish. He refused for three years to have his hair cut when his barber switched salons. “He’s so vain,” says Parker, pulling up a cell phone photo of James at Easter with reddish hair cascading around his shoulders. “I blame myself.” Still, after focusing solely on a son for so long, Parker is afraid that she is unequipped for the particular perils of girls. She has Carrie Bradshaw’s entire wardrobe with which to bribe them—the tutu from the Royal Ballet of London that Parker wore in the final episode of Sex and the City, say, or a pair of tiny Calvin Klein shorts Kate Moss wore down the runway. But she is petrified.

This New York–caliber worry, a trademark blend of self- consciousness and insecurity, has become baked into the Ohioborn Parker’s persona, as well as her process as an actor. It hits her every time she starts a film, even when she’s playing Carrie. “Chris Noth asked me the other day, ‘Do you like acting?’ ” she says. Last spring, however, on the set of Did You Hear About the Morgans, her latest romantic comedy, which opens this month, Parker’s high-intensity worry was a perfect match for costar Hugh Grant, a world-class neurotic himself. “We looked like two people who had been dug up,” Grant says, fondly. “Both green in the face. It was so cozy to have someone in an equal level of hell. I’m so proud of myself for liking her,” he adds, “because I hate everybody.”

Here in the West Village, the epicenter of Carrieland, Parker is eminently likable, and her fear of Loretta and Tabitha’s future antipathy seems ironic, since, as she admits to it, she’s surrounded by girls who are killing themselves for any acknowledgment of their existence. A trio of kvelling, teary-eyed NYU freshmen approach with the sort of trembling devotion typically reserved for heavybrowed Twilight vampires. They pile up their brick-size Gucci sunglass cases for her to sign. “We’re being so rude right now,” says the ringleader of another group, this time three early-twenties brunettes who arrive with pens but no paper. “I came from Toronto, and what I wanted most was to find Carrie’s house. And now…I see you!” Parker tells them all how pretty they are and signs a napkin. “I’m left-handed too!” the young woman gushes.

11. Ghittablue

User deleted

Sarah Jessica Parker sceglie la Alexa bag di Mulberry durante le riprese del suo ultimo film, “I Don’t Know How She Does It” nel distretto finanziario di Manhattan a New York proprio qualche giorno fa.

12. Ghittablue

User deleted

13. Ghittablue

User deleted

14. Ghittablue

User deleted

15. Ghittablue

User deleted

Hands-on mom Sarah Jessica Parker took her adorable 1 ½-year-old twins, Marion (pink bow) and Tabitha (yellow bow), to Washington Square Park in New York City Saturday afternoon (April 9).

22 replies since 8/4/2010, 21:16   289 views